Re: Repeated USB disconnect and reconnect with Wacom Intuos3 6x11 tablet

From: Andrew Burgess
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 10:37:23 EST

..
>> What confuses me a bit is that theses USB disconnects do not appear
>> as soon as I read what the tablet provides.

It's possible that this is a 'feature' of the device firmware. Perhaps the
windows driver continuously reads the device regardless of any user program
activity. When the device notices that it has user input that isn't being read
it disconnects and reconnects to get the OS's attention. So it might be a
workaround for a buggy driver or windows itself?

In a funny way it's kind of cool. I (and I assume everyone else) have had to
unplug and replug USB devices to get them to work on occasion. With this, you
just bang on it enough and it does the unplug/replug itself :-)

Just a wild theory...