About 4k kernel stack size....

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 17:10:24 EST

Hi...

I'm following the intense thread about stack size, and I see only one
solution.

Ship the nest stable, development, -mm, everything release of everything
with a maximum kernel/interrupt stack usage meter. The ask a poll for
everyone to send /proc/sys/stack_usage_max to a mailing list.

Until that, you wont know if current code is razoring the 4k limit or
never passes the 1K size.

Just one idea, to try to end with this endless flamewar.

BTW, I run 4k stacks in 3 boxes since long ago, and had 0 (zero) problems.
Including nsf/afp over ext3 on md.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free