Re: Makefile targets: tar & rpm pkgs, while using O=<dir> asnon-root

From: Nix
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 12:44:23 EST

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Sam Ravnborg said:
> Consider following use cases:
> 1) Src located on NFS mounted filesystem

Nothing wrong with that. NFS is fast for me.

(Admittedly, on heavily contended networks you're right.)

> 2) Src on RO media

*Good* reason (one that unionfs would solve, but still...)

> 4) Builds for several architectures from same source base

cp -al

> 5) Builds for several different configurations

cp -al

> It is convinient in many places. Maybe not for you but for others.

There were a couple of compelling arguments in there. :)

--
`I must caution that dipping fingers into molten lead
presents several serious dangers.' --- Jearl Walker