Re: [Alsa-devel] [RFC: 2.6 patch] Makefile: sound/ must come beforedrivers/

From: Jaroslav Kysela
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 16:23:20 EST

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 08:47:09PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> > Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > >Ahh. I assume it's the sequencer init etc that is missing.
> > >
> > >Maybe we'll just have to do the late_init thing for at least the 2.6.15
> > >timeframe.
> > >
> > > Linus
> > >

> > But that's not really a useable fix. The problem is with almost all ALSA
> > sound cards.
>
> No, inside sound/ it's working due to the link order.
>
> Thinking about this, what about the patch below?
>
> -drivers-y := drivers/ sound/
> +drivers-y := sound/ drivers/

It might break the "video" subsystem, because we have a lowlevel code
for radio tuners in our code.

Basically, everything from /sound/core tree should be initialized at first
before any lowlevel driver is loaded, except /sound/core/oss and
/sound/core/seq/oss subtrees.

Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxx>