Re: [ACPI] Re: asus_acpi still broken on Samsung P30/P35

From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 14:22:09 EST

Linus Torvalds schrieb:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Hanno Böck wrote:

This is not "some minor issue", this completely breaks the usage of current vanilla-kernels on certain Hardware. Can please, please, please anyone in the position to do this take care that this patch get's accepted before 2.6.15?

The patch is available inside mm-sources or here:
http://www.int21.de/samsung/p30-2.6.14.diff

If I should send it to anyone else or if there's anything I can do to help fixing this, I'm glad to help.

Last I saw this patch, I wrote this reply (the patch above is still broken). Nobody ever came back to me on it.
[...]

I've been busy trying to gather all the different DSDTs to compare
them and find out if the logic can be simplified. Will try to come
up with a patch addressing all your and Andrew's concerns until friday.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel