2.6.15-rc6: known regressions in the kernel Bugzilla

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 20:12:22 EST

The following bugs in the kernel Bugzilla [1] contain regressions in
2.6.15-rc compared to 2.6.14 with patches:
- #5632 forcedeth driver occasionally hangs
- #5758 x86_64: PANIC: early exception

The following bug in the kernel Bugzilla contains a regressions in
2.6.15-rc without a patch:
- #5760 No sound with snd_intel8x0 & ALi M5455 chipset
(kobject_register failed)

If we want people to test -rc kernels, we should also try hard to fix
the regressions they report (even more if there are already patches
for them)...

I've Cc'ed all people who might be able comment on one or more of these
issues.

cu
Adrian

[1] http://bugzilla.kernel.org/