Re: [RFC] Let non-root users eject their ipods?

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 05:55:00 EST

On Llu, 2005-12-19 at 18:51 -0800, john stultz wrote:
> So below is a patch that allows non-root users to eject their ipods. (It
> seems it should be safe_for_write() but eject opens the device for
> RDONLY, so eject may be wrong here as well).
>
> Comments, flames?

I think its probably uninteresting to the majority of users to solve it
that way (not that its wrong that I can see). The desktops handle
automount/umount these days and if anything what would cover most bases
is to teach umount a new option/fstab flag so that it will handle the
device eject as it handles the non-root umount management.