MPC5200 Cache issue with Bestcomm

From: Amir Bukhari
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 10:25:41 EST

Sorry this question is not related to linux kernel, but I can't find any
sources which I can find any tipps for the issue I encoured.
I write a standalone application with TCP stack (I use lwip stack). I am
want to enable the cache to increase performance of my application.

------------------------
Here is my configuration of various registers:

#define CORE_HID0_INIT 0x8010C000
#define CORE_HID2_INIT 0x00000000
#define CORE_IBAT0U_INIT 0x000007FF
#define CORE_IBAT0L_INIT 0x00000001

#define CORE_DBAT0U_INIT 0x000007FF
#define CORE_DBAT0L_INIT 0x00000052
#define CORE_DBAT1U_INIT 0xF000000F // for MBAR
#define CORE_DBAT1L_INIT 0xF000002A // for MBAR
#define CORE_DBAT2U_INIT 0x40001FFF
#define CORE_DBAT2L_INIT 0x40000022 // for PCI
#define CORE_DBAT3U_INIT 0x50001FFF //
#define CORE_DBAT3L_INIT 0x50000022 //

XLARB configuration is :
#define XLARB_CONFIG_INIT 0x8000A006 // snoop window is
enabled
#define XLARB_PRIORITY_ENABLE_INIT 0x0000000F
#define XLARB_PRIORITY_INIT 0x11111010
#define XLARB_SNOOP_WINDOW_INIT 0x00000019 // base address is 0
and 64Mbytes length

Now as soon as I enable cache the Bestcomm doesn't stop firing me a ethernet
packet receive. It doesn't stop this and this let my system hangs up. When
running the system without cache every thing work well.

I will be happy if someone can give me a tipp if I may missed something!

-Amir