mouse issues in 2.6.15-rc5-mm series

From: Joe Feise
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 01:43:42 EST

[Note: please cc me on answers since I'm not subscribed to the kernel list]

I am experiencing problems with mouse resyncing in the -mm series.
This is a Logitech wheel mouse connected through a KVM.
Symptom: whenever the mouse isn't moved for some seconds, it doesn't
react to movement for a second, and then resyncs. Sometimes, the
resyncing results in the mouse pointer jumping, which as far as I
know is a protocol mismatch.
While searching for reports of similar problems, I came across
Frank Sorenson's post from Nov. 23 (http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/23/533).
Like in his case, reverting
input-attempt-to-re-synchronize-mouse-every-5-seconds.patch
resulted in a kernel without this problem.

-Joe