Re: Using Intel ICH5 IDE+SATA Under 2.6.15-rc6 - Cannot find DVD-RW?

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 19:34:53 EST

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.0/0362.html

This is the same problem I am having (no OOPS but I cannot see the DVD drive either)--

Justin.

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Justin Piszcz wrote:

The BIOS see's my drive without any issues.

My config: [AUTO, allow for up to 6 devices on IDE/SATA total]

p34:~# cat /dev/hdc
cat: /dev/hdc: No such device or address
p34:~# cat /dev/sdc
cat: /dev/sdc: No such device or address
p34:~#

p34:~# dmesg | grep NEC
p34:~#

CONFIG =

SATA1 -> RAPTOR
SATA2 -> SEAGATE
IDE0 -> NOTHING
IDE1 -> MASTER (DVDRW/CDRW)

But for some reason the kernel is not seeing it?