Re: Using Intel ICH5 IDE+SATA Under 2.6.15-rc6 - Cannot find DVD-RW?

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 20:17:29 EST

SUMMARY:

The libata=1 option is if you use "AUTO" in the bios, then it sees it but you can't (or I couldn't do anything with it anyway)

scsi1 : ata_piix
Vendor: _NEC Model: DVD_RW ND-3520A Rev: 1.04
Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 05

I googled around and then found setting it to Enhanced Mode worked!
It sees all the devices properly now.

hdc: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15

Justin.