Re: [patch 00/11] mutex subsystem, -V7

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 14:23:03 EST

Ingo,

Coming next are 3 patches to your mutex code that I'd like you to
consider. They express my last requests about mutexes.

The first patch is a resent of my trylock rework to allow for a pure
xchg based implementation.

The second one gives architectures the ability to make lock/unlock
fastpaths inlined. As explained in another mail this is almost always
beneficial on ARM.

And the last patch makes mutex_is_locked() always inlined since I can't
find a reason why it wouldn't be beneficial to do so, even on x86.

I hope we can agree on them so that I could go back hiding behind
ARM-specific part of the kernel again. :-)

Nicolas