How to get blocking information?

From: Yi Wang
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 23:50:11 EST

Hi,

I am new to Linux kernel and now working on a project, which tries to
modifies the kernel a little bit and get some blocking information
about system calls. That is, if a system call gets blocked (put into
sleep), I want to know the "reason for sleep" and the "file name &
line number which causes the blocking".

I know that there are data structs in FreeBSD holding these
information, but I don't know if linux has the same facility
(functions / data structs). Hope someone can give me a hint.

Also, I wonder if ru_majflt in struct rusage (linux/resource.c) is
already implemented.

Thanks!
Yi