Re: [SCHED] Totally WRONG prority calculation with specific test-case(since 2.6.10-bk12)

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 22:14:05 EST

Peter Williams wrote:
Paolo Ornati wrote:

1) nicksched: perfect! This is the behaviour I want.

transcode get recognized for what it is, and I/O bounded processes
don't even notice that it is running :)

Interesting. This one's more or less a dead scheduler and hasn't had any development work done on it for some time. I just keep porting the original version to new kernels.

It isn't a dead scheduler any more than any of the other out of tree
schedulers are (which isn't saying much, unfortunately).

I've probably got a small number of cleanups and microoptimisations
relative to what you have (I can't remember exactly what you sucked up)
... but other than that there hasn't been much development work done for
some time because there is not much wrong with it.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.