Re: [patch 0/5] Add MMC password protection (lock/unlock) support

From: Anderson Lizardo
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 14:05:09 EST

On 12/15/05, Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reading through the specs I have here, block sizes seem to be all over
> the place. The MMC card specs seem to imply that any block size can
> be set, from 0 bytes to 2^32-1 bytes.
>
> The PXA MMC interface specification allows the block size to be anything
> from 1 to 1023 bytes, excluding CRC. It is unclear whether a value of 0
> means 1024.
>
> The MMCI specification allows the block size to be specified as a power
> of two, from 1 to 2048 bytes, excluding CRC.

By "allows" do you mean we can set the block size to arbitrary values
on MMCI too?

The MMC specification v4.1 is clear in one thing: the SET_BLOCKLEN
command should be issued prior to the actual LOCK_UNLOCK command with
*exactly* the password length + 2 bytes (which contains the operation
mode bits and the password length in bytes). The MMC password
unlocking (and other password operations, FWIW) doesn't work on the
OMAP host if the SET_BLOCKLEN command argument and the block size of
the data transfer itself do not match.

--
Anderson Lizardo
Embedded Linux Lab - 10LE