Re: Intel e1000 fails after RAM upgrade

From: Carsten Otto
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 16:32:11 EST

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 08:54:58PM +0100, Carsten Otto wrote:
> e1000: eth0: e1000_clean_tx_irq: Detected Tx Unit Hang

Is there anything I can do to make this work and/or you have more fun
and luck fixing this? I could provide plenty of debugging information,
just tell me what you need. Unfortunately I am unable to solve the
problem myself.

Short summary:
Every e1000 card I tried (Desktop MT) produces above error in my
computer and works in other PCs. Memory/BIOS/Kernel-version do not
change this. Either the kernel is flawed in several versions or my system
(Gentoo) does some ugly things to the driver (I doubt that). Changing some
values with ethtool does not help.

Thanks,
--
Carsten Otto