Re: Via VT 6410 Raid Controller

From: João Esteves
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 07:09:18 EST

Hi:

> You don't seem to have VIA IDE driver compiled in et all.
>
> Could you retry with Daniel's patch applied and "VIA82CXXX chipset
> support" (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX config option) compiled-in?
> Yes, help entry should be updated. :-)

I believe this option is inserted after "make xconfig", when "qconf" window
appears. Sorry for this, it is my first time compiling the kernel. Perhaps it
is not bad ideia to say what I'm doing:

In /usr/src/linux:

1. Ataching the patch:
# cat /root/via6410.patch | patch -p1
(I renamed the patch file to via6410.patch)

2.# make xconfig

3. # make
# sudo modules_install install

4. Reboot.

All this went with no error messages and the system reboots OK, with the new
kernel in the Lillo boot options.

Regards and thanks for your help.

João