Re: New squawk in logwatch report?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 07:59:36 EST

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 06:17, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
>On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 21:54 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Running 2.6.15-rc7, uptime 6d 23:43 atm.
>> Going thru the systems email output, I note this in the logwatch
>> file, something I don't recall seeing previously:
>> --------------------- Kernel Begin ------------------------
>>
>> WARNING: Kernel Errors Present
>> smb_lookup: find contrib/ircstats2 failed, error=-5...: 1
>> Time(s) smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-2, breaking...: 2 Time(s)
>> smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-5, breaking...: 1 Time(s)
>> smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-512, breaking...: 1 Time(s)
>>
>> ---------------------- Kernel End -------------------------
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue? Other than its samba related, I have no
>> clue.
>
>I have no idea really, but I think samba is having problems finding
>the ircstats2 file/dir. Seems like that comes in contrib with mrtg.

mrtg is installed, but my router doesn't support it. The cron job was
stopped when I reverted from what I'd call a dane bramaged router that
did support mrtg to a good one that didn't. I spent a month screwing
around, talking to tech support, flashing it with this and that test
firmwares, etc and finally gave it up. ANY router I can't ping and
traceroute through is IMO drain bamaged. A BEFSR41 Just Works(TM),
but none of the vpn supporting models does.

>Other than that some googling suggests it might also be due to an
>incorrect/unreachable wins server specified in smb.conf.

No wins servers here, or defined in smb.conf on any of the 3 machines
here.

If its repeated again in the logwatch for today, I'll investigate
further. And it is not. The 3rd machine isn't currently smbmounted,
nor does the script that refreshes the mounts every night mention the
3rd box. Its not always up, its out in the workshop, and runs my
milling machine. A Brain Dead Install of emc, running the dec 31 cvs
version of emc2. Sweet.

>-HK

Thanks HK. Have a better 2006.

--
Cheers, Gene
stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-)