what is the state of current after an mm_fault occurs?

From: jeff shia
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 05:39:43 EST

Hello,
In my opinion, the state of current should be TASK_RUNNING
after an mm_fault occurs.But I donot know why the function of
handle_mm_fault() set the state of current TASK_RUNNING.
/*
* By the time we get here, we already hold the mm semaphore
*/
int handle_mm_fault(struct mm_struct *mm, struct vm_area_struct * vma,
unsigned long address, int write_access)
{
pgd_t *pgd;
pmd_t *pmd;

__set_current_state(TASK_RUNNING);
pgd = pgd_offset(mm, address);

inc_page_state(pgfault);

if (is_vm_hugetlb_page(vma))
return VM_FAULT_SIGBUS; /* mapping truncation does this. */

/*
* We need the page table lock to synchronize with kswapd
* and the SMP-safe atomic PTE updates.
*/
spin_lock(&mm->page_table_lock);
pmd = pmd_alloc(mm, pgd, address);

if (pmd) {
pte_t * pte = pte_alloc_map(mm, pmd, address);
if (pte)
return handle_pte_fault(mm, vma, address, write_access, pte, pmd);
}
spin_unlock(&mm->page_table_lock);
return VM_FAULT_OOM;
}