Re: 2.6.14.5 to 2.6.15 patch

From: Grant Coady
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 16:12:15 EST

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:13:08 +0100, Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> ..
>> >
>> > Hmm, yes, you are right. I was not aware of those. When did those
>> > start to apear?
>> > Guess I need to update applying-patches.txt if those are automated...
>>
>> That's how Greg posts them to LKML also -- as incremental patches.
>>
>Yes, I know that's what he posts them on LKML, I just never knew that
>they got archived on kernel.org in incr. form as well. Now I know :-)

Easy to revert 2.6.14.5 to 2.6.14 then patch to 2.6.15 if you follow
the stable series. Still saves ~30MB downloading source.

Because I'm also compiling the -rc? and -mm? I keep 2.6.14 tree and use
hardlink trees, when 2.6.15 came out I patched the 2.6.14 to 2.6.15
and deleted the development trees -- works for me ;)

And no, I'll not automate this, it's enough dealing with finger trouble
let alone scripts doing things behind my back! I have vim trained to
break hardlink files on write, I don't get myself in trouble so much.

Grant.