Re: [SCHED] wrong priority calc - SIMPLE test case

From: Paolo Ornati
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 15:22:04 EST

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:00:35 +0100
Paolo Ornati <ornati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know how can "nicksched" keep transcode priority always to 40
> even when I'm running the DD test... I should retry and see.

I was wrong... the interfering effect is here also with nicksched.

The problem is that Linux is smarter than me --> sometimes I forget the
effect of the disk-cache ;)

For the DD test I always umount/(re)mount the partition where the
BIGFILE is stored to discard the associated cache... but I've forgotten
to do the same for the file that transcode is reading from ;)

--
Paolo Ornati
Linux 2.6.15-plugsched on x86_64