Re: soundblaster pnp ide won't pnp

From: Fredrick O Jackson
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 20:43:06 EST

Actually, I have no interest in the sound card except for the ide port. In at
least one configuration, "modprobe sb" didn't produce errors, and that was
without any hassling with pnp. Just for kicks, I just modprobed snd-sb16 and
used sox's play to play a wav. the only relevant entry in dmesg was

pnp: Device 01:01.00 activated.

pthree:/tmp# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [S16 ]: SB16 - Sound Blaster 16
Sound Blaster 16 at 0x220, irq 5, dma 1&5

thanks
Fred