Re: 2.6.15-mm2: reiser3 oops on suspend and more (bonus oops shot!)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 04:59:08 EST

Hi!

> Thanks for testing and reporting - it really helps.
>
> > 1- reiser3 oopsed[1] twice while suspending to ram. It seems
> > reproducible (have some activity on the fs and suspend)
>
> No significant reiser3 changes in there, so I'd be suspecting something
> else has gone haywire.

Suspend to *RAM*? That really does not do anything that should kill
the filesystems. Has it ever worked before? When? Any SATA?

> > The reiser oops seems reproducible by suspending with some dirty cache
> > (I've been able to suspend/resume cycle 3 times without reiser crashing
> > but I also didn't have big activities on that partition).
> > If really necessary I can try to reproduce it (oh, poor filesystem).
> > Other than that are ther suggestions/patches to start with?
>
> Pavel, have you heard of anything like this??

No, never seen this before. With suspend to disk and wrong setup,
"kill my filesystem" is easy; but suspend to RAM? Best bet would be
disk driver doing something really stupid.
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!