Re: Crash with SMP on post 2.6.15 -git kernel

From: Vivek Goyal
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 09:02:37 EST

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:50:07PM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 14:42, Vivek Goyal wrote:
>
> > While testing this I ran into another problem with same symtoms. If
> > I compile my kernel for physical location greater than or equal to
> > 16MB then only BP boots and applicatoin processors don't come up. I had
> > noticed this problem in i386 and posted a patch. Here is the similar patch
> > for x86_64.
> >
> > Though the symtoms are same but this does not seem to be related to the
> > problem which Stephen is facing as he seems to be compiling the kernel
> > for 1MB location only.
>
> I don't think that's Stephen's problem.

You are right. This patch is for a entirely different problem. I posted the
patch in the context of this thread because on the surface problem symtoms
are same.

This patch is required to boot SMP kernel from non-default physical
locations as in case of kdump.

Can you please include this patch.

Thanks
Vivek