why sk98lin driver is not up-to date ?

From: Eric Belhomme
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 04:19:31 EST

Hi,

I was I trouble with my 3c940 gigabit NIC on my Debian Sid this latest
kernel 2.6.15 self-compiled...
I wondered why ethtool was not able to get/set WoL status while the
readme available on the sysKonnect website says sk98lin supports WoL :
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/readme/linux/sk98lin.
html

So I looked at Documentation/networking/sk98lin.txt on my 2.6.15 tree :

sk98lin.txt created 13-Feb-2004
Readme File for sk98lin v6.23

And on drivers/net/sk98lin/h/skdrv1st.h :

* Name: skdrv1st.h
* Project: GEnesis, PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
* Version: $Revision: 1.4 $