Re: Why the DOS has many ntfs read and write driver,but the linux can't for a long time

From: David Nicol
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 13:52:48 EST

On 1/10/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 20:29 -0600, David Nicol wrote:
> > On 1/9/06, Yaroslav Rastrigin <yarick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Unfortunately, bounties doesn't work :-/
> >

> > No? Bounties seems to work fine for Asterisk. Is the problem, still no central
> > linux kernel bounty system?
>

> Many bounties don't work because they are too low, too vague or both.
> For example several months ago Ubuntu offered $500 to "fix all remaining
> ALSA issues for PowerMac hardware". HA! That's like 5 or 6 diffent
> drivers which ranged from not working at all, to sound works but no
> system beeps, etc...
>
> Lee

How did they offer this bounty? Through the ubuntu announcements channels?

Like if, say, Linux International was to partner with TipJar.com to create
and maintain an organized open bounty system where stakeholders wanting
to see something could contribute to the pot for the feature and the first
implementor who passes the tests (including code readability!) gets the pot.

Write me off-list to become involved in this project or to direct me to
an already existing project so I don't waste more time on wheel reinvention?

David "tipjar" Nicol

--
David L Nicol
awrsagfagoijneaghnjhda