no carrier when using forcedeth on MSI K8N Neo4-F

From: Arne R. van der Heyde
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 13:36:07 EST

I am trying to connect two identical MSI K8N Neo4-F servers with NVIDIA nForce4 gigabit Lan ports. When the two ports are connected together via a crossover cable, neither computer is able to detect a carrier on the Lan ports and are not able to communicate. When either of the nForce4 gigabit port is connected to a Lan port on another computer with a different Lan hardware or to a port on a switch the forcedeth drivers detect a carrier and are able to communicate.

It appears that the nForce4 Gigabit ports are not generating a carrier. Does the nForce4 not provide standard ethernet ports? If they are standard ethernet ports, how do I tell forcedeth to generate a carrier? Also how do I get forcedeth to run at a Gigabit?

Thanks for any help,

Best regards,
Arne R. van der Heyde
vanderHeydeAR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Summit Instruments Inc.
2236 N. Cleveland-Massillon Rd.
Akron, Ohio 44333-1255 USA

Phone (330)659-3312
Fax (330)659-3286
www.summitinstruments.com

begin:vcard
fn:Arne van der Heyde
n:van der Heyde;Arne
org:Summit Instruments, Inc.
adr:;;2236 N Cleveland-Massillon Rd;Akron;OH;44333-1255;USA
email;internet:vanderHeydeAR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:(330) 659-3312
tel;fax:(330) 659-3286
x-mozilla-html:FALSE