Re: Fw: two (little) problems wit 2.6.15-git7 one with build, one with acpi

From: Hemmann, Volker Armin
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 14:16:50 EST

Hi,

On Friday 13 January 2006 08:15, you wrote:
> Volker, I think the `make install' thing is fixed, or will soon be.
>
> If the resume problem doesn't get fixed within the next few days, please
> raise a report at bugzilla.kernel.org.
>
> This is a regression wrt 2.6.15, so we're keen to fix it.

I tried -git8 last night.
make all modules_install install gave me again this error:

if [ -r System.map -a -x /sbin/depmod ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map
2.6.15-git8; fi
WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.15-git8: No such file or
directory
FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.15-git8/modules.dep.temp for writing:
No such file or directory
make: *** [_modinst_post] Fehler 1

and trying echo mem > /sys/power/state again made my box more or less dead.
I had to pull the plug, because the reset switch did not work.

I will try the nexft git version this night, but I have to wait some more
hours.

Glück Auf
Volker