Re: So - What's going on with Reiser 4?

From: Kurt Wall
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 22:22:40 EST

[CCs trimmed]

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 07:11:40AM -0800, Marc Perkel took 0 lines to write:

> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >
> >http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0601.0/1840.html
> >
> >I even pointed out a mailinglist that's best suited for detailed
> >follow-on questions.
> >

> I just asked a simple question about what the status of a merge was. No
> one has responded to my question yet. All I'm hearing is that Reiser 4
> is a prohibited subject.

Balderdash. You're just not "hearing" what you want to hear.

You were pointed to an answer. If all you're hearing is that Resier 4
is a prohibited subject then you're evidently incapable of following a
link or perhaps of reading. On the off chance that it is the former,
I'll quote the relevant text from the message to which Arjan pointed
you:

"I think r4 folks are still working on Christoph's suggestions
that include changes required for the code to be merged."

Perhaps it is that you only want to "hear" a specific answer. You've
already written that you won't search the archives before you ask a
question.

> -

"Last week a cop stopped me in my car. He asked me if I had a police
record. I said, no, but I have the new DEVO album. Cops have no sense
of humor."