Re: 2.6.15-git breaks Xorg on em64t

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 01:35:43 EST

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 08:36:05PM +1100, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > Another datapoint btw: I've another EM64T that works just fine.
> > The one that fails is the only one that isn't using onboard VGA,
> > this one has a PCIE Radeon. Given it happens when X is starting up,
> > it could be that the X radeon driver does something special which
> > is why others aren't seeing this.
> >

> It might be due to the DRM update that went through, but I can't think
> what might have caused it, if you backout the DRM merge does it help
> any?

As it turns out, -git11 with all the DRM bits backed out gives me
a working X again.

> did the previous kernel have DRM support for that card?

No. This is 1002:5b60 / 1002:5b70 based card.

I had previously missed the 5b60 part in lspci output, so thinking
there was no 5b70 addition, I hadn't considered this as a suspect.
Mea Culpa. Looks like Andi is off the hook :-)

Any ideas for any debugging I can add ?

Dave