Re: [Ext2-devel] Re: Fall back io scheduler for 2.6.15?

From: Mingming Cao
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 14:39:21 EST

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:49 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Mingming Cao <cmm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 2.6.14, the
> > fall back io scheduler (if the chosen io scheduler is not found) is set
> > to the default io scheduler (anticipatory, in this case), but since
> > 2.6.15-rc1, this semanistic is changed to fall back to noop.
>
> OK. And I assume that AS wasn't compiled, so that's why it fell back?

AS was compiled, and AS is set as the default scheduler. But since
2.6.15 doesn't recognize "elevator=as" (we need to say
"elevator=anticipatory"), so in 2.6.15, elevator_setup_default() will
explicitly fall back to "noop" scheduler.

2.6.14 doesn't recognize "elevator=as" either, but it fall back to the
default scheduler instead. Which makes more sense, as Jen pointed out.