Re: Linux 2.6.16-rc1

From: David R
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 14:25:36 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, it's two weeks since 2.6.15, and the merge window is closed.

Everything seems fine with rc1 on my VIA Based Athlon 64 (64 bit kernel, SuSE
10 base) apart from my USB2 scanner. It's detected just fine (as normal), but
the (32bit) copy of VueScan that I use crawls along during preview like a
constipated tortoise. This is markedly similar to when 2.6.15 is under heavy
CPU load... high speed USB transfers slow to a crawl then too but everything
is fine at other times.

dmesg etc looks ok. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any thoughts?

Cheers
David