RE: clarity on kref needed.

From: Mukund JB.
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 00:12:46 EST

I mean I will register a char driver. I will just write a simple char kernel module to read data from the USB device and
zero copy it to the userspace application. I guess that is the minimum work we need to do.

Is there any other way using libusb/usbfs in which we can do this without a need of USB kernel driver?

> > No, I did not find any Documentation/kref.txt.
> > But I have read about kred in the link below:
> >
> http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/src/fusyn.hg/Docum
entation/kref.txt

> >Is kref depricated because I find nothing related to it in linux/Documentation/?

> What kernel version are you looking at? Look in the kernel source tree
> from kernel.org. What kernel tree are you building your driver against.

I am planning it for 2.6.11.12.

Regards,
Mukund Jampala