Re: License oddity in some m68k files

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 09:47:38 EST

On Jan 20, 2006, at 7:45 AM, Ric Wheeler wrote:

Alan Cox wrote:

On Gwe, 2006-01-20 at 07:21 -0500, Ric Wheeler wrote:

The language in the source files is pretty strong and this looks like
Motorola should be asked to rerelease the files with a normal
copyright notice in place of the current language...

Its standard boilerplate from the period. Its a perfectly normal and
clear copyright notice.

Alan

Actually, that is the exact language our lawyers still give us to use today when we have not settled on license terms when we want to share code in a severely limited fashion.

I still think it best that they (Freescale) modify their language to reference the actual license grant in the README.

Good luck finding anyone in Freescale that would have any idea about this.

- kumar