Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.15-mm3 [USB lost interrupt bug]

From: Reuben Farrelly
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 02:57:03 EST

On 21/01/2006 6:47 p.m., Andrew Morton wrote:

I've now done in excess of 20 reboots with this code and haven't had either problem show up at all.

So for now I'll keep a record of things for a bit longer, but I guess I've reason to be fairly confident that both this USB/IRQ problem and my ATA/IRQ problem are now fixed.

It does make me wonder if the ACPI update in rc1-mm2 fixed it, and was actually the cause of most of my problems......it would be nice to know for sure.

We probably won't know. Did you ever test 2.6.16-rc1 plus 2.6.16-rc1-mm1's
acpi.patch? If that plays up we'd have confirmation.

It has been OK over 15x reboots (just tested now). 2.6.16-rc1-mm1 wasn't the usual standard award winning release for me because of the reiserfs problems so I only booted into it once and ran it for a couple of hours before retreating to 2.6.15-rc1.

Last *known* problematic release on that box was 2.6.15-mm4.