Re: -mm seems significanty slower than mainline on kernbench

From: Martin Bligh
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 14:27:52 EST

Thanks and looks like the results are in from 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 with the patch backed out.

Drumroll....

http://test.kernel.org/perf/kernbench.moe.png

The performance goes back to a range similar to 2.6.14-rc1-mm1 (see 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 + 20328 in blue). Unfortunately this does implicate this patch. Can we put it back into -mm only and allow Peter's tweaks/fixes to go on top and have it tested some more before going upstream?

Hmm. Looks like we didn't get this as fixed up as I thought. Moe seems to be fixed (16x NUMA-Q), but elm3b132 is not (it's 4x, flat SMP ia32).
Look at the latest graphs ....

Is it possible it only got fixed for NUMA boxes?

M.