Re: Development tree, PLEASE?

From: Nix
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 16:29:43 EST

On 22 Jan 2006, Bernd Petrovitsch gibbered uncontrollably:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 02:03 -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:
> [...]
>> A *lot* of us are using Linux for servers or other things that don't change
>> every month.
>>
>> And I'm not seeing/saying this sort of thing would stick forever, but a '6
>> month cycle' or something of that nature. Partly because of this I don't
>
> You are welcome to start such a thing.

Besides, the distinction between a 6 month cycle and a 3 month cycle isn't
all that great, and we have a 3 month cycle *now*.

Backporting the security-fix parts of 2.6.15-stable to 2.6.14 isn't
likely to be killingly difficult, especially now that 2.6.14 rollup
-stable patches are being done.

--
`Everyone has skeletons in the closet. The US has the skeletons
driving living folks into the closet.' --- Rebecca Ore