Re: [patch 2/2] fix file counting

From: Dipankar Sarma
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 14:09:33 EST

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 10:51:08AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Dipankar Sarma <dipankar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > (And it forgot to initialise the atomic_t)
> >
> > I declared it static. Isn't that sufficient ?
>
> ATOMIC_INIT(0);

OK, I will put an explicit initializer for that static variable.

> > > (And has a couple of suspicious-looking module exports. We don't support
> > > CONFIG_PROC_FS=m).
> >
> > Where ?
>
> +EXPORT_SYMBOL(get_nr_files);
> +EXPORT_SYMBOL(get_max_files);
>
> Why are these needed?

get_max_files() is needed by unix sockets which can be a module.
IIRC, xfs needed get_nr_files() when I originally wrote this patch.
There doesn't seem to be any in-tree use now,
but files_stat was earlier exported and we should probably
mark this for unexport at a later time.

Thanks
Dipankar