Re: [patch 0/6] 2.6.14.7 -stable review

From: Chuck Wolber
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 02:57:21 EST

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Justin M. Forbes wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 08:30:25PM -0800, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> >
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't we supposed to stop doing
> > this for the 2.6.14 release now that 2.6.15 is out?
>
> I don't see a problems with doing additional stable releases for any
> kernel, I just wouldn't commit to supporting any specific number of
> releases. Basically if people send enough patches to warrant a
> review/release there is obviously some interest. What is the harm?

No harm at all, and that settles it for me then. I like the idea of having
a demand based release system. If no patches arrive, no releases go out.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

"The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR