Re: PROBLEM: kernel BUG at mm/rmap.c:486 - kernel 2.6.15-r1

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 13:25:51 EST

On Monday 30 January 2006 00:56, Ken MacFerrin wrote:
[snip]
> Unfortunately it seems that the "nv" driver in Xorg does not currently
> support multiple displays on a single video card with dual heads. Not
> being able to at least run xinerama is a deal breaker for me so I'm back
> to the binary nvidia driver using twinview. At this point I will apply
> Hugh's patch and post any further "Bad page state" and "Bad rmap"
> messages as instructed.

Indeed, Hugh's patch is the best way to proceed with discovering who the
culprits are. Using the "nv" driver was not really meant as a debugging aide,
but as a last resort if the patch yields nothing useful.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.