Re: [lock validator] inet6_destroy_sock(): soft-safe -> soft-unsafe lock dependency

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 02:46:04 EST

* Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 02:32:19PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > update: with all of Herbert's fixes i havent gotten these yet - so maybe
> > the validator was not producing a false positive, but perhaps the
> > inet6_destroy_sock()->sk_dst_reset() thing was causing the messages?
>
> Maybe. But in that case shouldn't the validator show that code-path?

yeah, it should have. In any case, things are looking good so far with
your fixes. (Any suggestions wrt. how to trigger as many different
codepaths in the networking code as possible, to increase coverage of
locking scenarios mapped? I've tried LTP so far, and a few ad-hoc tests.
Perhaps there's some IP protocol tester i should try, which is known to
trigger lots of boundary conditions?)

Ingo