Re: [patch] acpiphp: handle dock stations

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 08:20:09 EST

Hi!

> This patch will add hot add/remove of docking stations to acpiphp. Because
> some docking stations will have a _DCK method that is not associated with
> a dock bridge, we use the _EJD method to determine which devices are
> dependent on the dock device, then try to find which of these dependent
> devices are pci devices. We register a separate event handler with acpi
> to handle dock notifications, but if we have discovered any pci devices
> dependent on the dock station, we notify the acpiphp driver to rescan
> the correct bus. If no pci devices are found, but there is still a _DCK method
> present, the driver will stay loaded to deal with the dock
> notifications.

Even while machine is locked in dock, I don't see aditional devices at
lspci. Is there some additional steps I need to do?

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Feb 6 14:17 attention

..should probably be write-only. It seems to only return errors on
read, anyway.

Is there a way to physicaly remove my machine from dock? echo 0 >
power should do it, right? Well, it does not :-).

Pavel
--
Web maintainer for suspend.sf.net (www.sf.net/projects/suspend) wanted...