Re: man-pages-2.22 is released

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 17:49:54 EST

On Monday, February 6, 2006 11:59 am, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> This is a request to kernel developers: if you make a change
> to a kernel-userland interface, or observe a discrepancy
> between the manual pages and reality, would you please send
> me (at mtk-manpages@xxxxxxx ) one of the following
> (in decreasing order of preference):

Wouldn't it be easier for you to keep them up to date if sections 2, 4,
and parts of 5 were included in the kernel source tree? Documentation
updates could be enforced as part of the patch process--all you'd have
to do is NAK patches that modified userland interfaces if they didn't
contain documentation updates (and I'm sure others would help you with
that task).

Likewise with the glibc stuff. Doesn't it belong with the glibc project?
Wouldn't that make more sense, both from a packaging and maintenance
perspective?

Either way, thanks a lot for keeping the pages in good shape, it's much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse