Re: [patch 2/3] NUMA slab locking fixes - move irq disabling fromcahep->spinlock to l3 lock

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 19:19:52 EST

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > Actually, it does not protect much anymore. Here's a cleanup+comments
> > patch (against current mainline).
>
> This is getting scary. Manfred, Christoph, Pekka: have you guys taken a
> close look at what's going on in here?

I looked at his patch and he seems to be right. Most of the kmem_cache
structure is established at slab creation. Updates are to the debug
counters and to nodelists[] during node online/offline and to array[]
during cpu online/offline. The chain mutex is used to protect the
setting of the tuning parameters. I still need to have a look at the
details though.