RE: [2.6 patch] let IA64_GENERIC select more stuff

From: Chen, Kenneth W
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 00:51:19 EST

> > I'm not disagreeing with the SMP bit. In my very first reply, I
>
> It might be related to the fact that I'm not a native English speaker,
> but for me this reads as if you contradict yourself, and I have
> therefore problems understanding your emails.

Yeah, I've been flip-flopping on CONFIG_SMP. I just don't have strong
opinion one way or the other. Having said that, I don't think we should
mix the CONFIG_IA64_GENERIC, which is defined to select platform type
with smp/processor type etc.

But for the bit that this thread started, which disables CONFIG_MCKINLEY
for CONFIG_IA64_GENERIC, it is totally wrong and is the "over my dead
body" type of thing.

- Ken