Re: 2.6.15 Bug? New security model?

From: Bernd Schubert
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 16:44:20 EST

> > After the problem came up, I already suspected something like this and
> > therefore already had the kernel recompiled without xattr support, so I
> > don't know why lsattr shows something for 2.6.15 and nothing for 2.6.13.
>
> attrs != xattrs

Ah, I thought its the same.

> Couple of things:
>
> 1) what does 'grep attrs_cleared /proc/fs/reiserfs/on-disk-super' show?

Er, you mean /proc/fs/reiserfs/{partition}/on-disk-super?

bernd@bathl ~>grep attrs_cleared /proc/fs/reiserfs/hda6/on-disk-super
flags: 1[attrs_cleared]

> 2) does mount -o attrs ... make a difference?

Yes, 2.6.13 now makes the same trouble. No difference with 2.6.15.3.
I played with mount -o noattrs, this makes no difference with 2.6.13, but has
some effects to 2.6.15.3. Creating files in /var/run is possible again,
lsattr gives "lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags
on /var/run", but deleting files in /var/run is still impossible (still
rather bad for the init-scripts).

Thanks,
Bernd

--