Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: Matthias Andree
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 06:45:24 EST

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-10:

> Martin Mares <mj@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > > This is why the mapping engine is in the Linux adoption part of
> > > libscg. It maps the non-stable device <-> /dev/sg* relation to a
> > > stable b,t,l address.
> >
> > Nonsense. The b,t,l addresses are NOT stable (at least for transports
>
> Dou you like to verify that you have no clue on SCSI?

How does, for instance, libscg make sure that the b,t,l mappings are
hotplug invariant?

How does libscg make sure that two external writers, say USB, retain
their b,t,l mappings if both are unplugged and then replugged in reverse
order, perhaps into different USB hubs?

What assumptions does libscg (or cdrecord) make to procure stable
mappings?

You complained the discussion were non-technical, yet rather than
correcting false information at detail scale, you resort to personal
insults, and I think you're standing on pretty thin ice with those
attacks. Your credibility is about to reach zero.

--
Matthias Andree