Re: [rfc][patch] sched: remove smpnice

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 20:59:22 EST

Peter Williams <pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think either of these issues warrant abandoning smpnice. The
> first is highly unlikely to occur on real systems and the second is just
> an example of the patch doing its job (maybe too officiously). I don't
> think users would notice either on real systems.
>
> Even if you pull it from 2.6.16 rather than upgrading it with my patch
> can you please leave both in -mm?

Yes, I have done that. I currently have:

sched-restore-smpnice.patch
sched-modified-nice-support-for-smp-load-balancing.patch
sched-cleanup_task_activated.patch
sched-alter_uninterruptible_sleep_interactivity.patch
sched-make_task_noninteractive_use_sleep_type.patch
sched-dont_decrease_idle_sleep_avg.patch
sched-include_noninteractive_sleep_in_idle_detect.patch
sched-new-sched-domain-for-representing-multi-core.patch
sched-fix-group-power-for-allnodes_domains.patch