Re: Filesystem for mobile hard drive

From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 04:22:05 EST

Phillip Susi wrote:
> Nicolas George wrote:

[snip]

>> I believe that such options should not be done on a per-filesystem basis.
>> Something in the common code of the VFS would be more logical.
>
> I agree. I think the VFS layer should process the uid/gid options. By
> default it should replace nobody with the specified id, and fat and ntfs
> should just report all files as owned by nobody. Then a new option
> should be added to force the translation for all ids, not just nobody.

I might be wrong, but I always thought that NTFS has user/group and a bunch
of other attributes, so it might not be a good idea to replace them hard
under linux. Or am I wrong? I never used NTFS much, the few windoze machines
around me use FAT32 for compatibility.

Kalin.

--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+