Re: 2.6.16, sk98lin out of date

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 06:08:22 EST

On Monday 13 February 2006 11:05, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:58:03AM +0000, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I'm sure the drivers/net maintainers are well aware, SysKonnect
> > constantly update their sk98lin/sky2 driver without bothering to sync
> > their changes with the official linux kernel.
>
> My understanding is, that skge driver has superceded the sk98lin in
> most uses.
>
> There could, of course, be a change to insert vendor driver _as_is_ into
> baseline kernel with its own name.

Thanks Matti, I wasn't even aware of this driver. Might I suggest the "old"
driver be marked as such in Linux 2.6.16. I guess I must've skipped over it
because it begins with "New", and does not contain the word "Marvell", which
is indicated exclusively by lspci.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.